21st November 2017

Fire in commercial building caused by tumble dryer in West Bagborough, Taunton

The Fire Service received a call reporting smoke issuing from a property in West Bagborough, Taunton at 01:52 this morning (Thursday 19 February).

Local appliances from Taunton and Williton were mobilised.

On arrival crews located a fire within the kitchen area on the ground floor of the property and got to work with 4 Breathing Apparatus, 2 Hose Reel Jets, 1 Safety Jet and 1 Thermal Imaging Camera.

Crews extinguished the fire which caused 80% fire damage to utility area and 30% water damage to kitchen area due to a burst water pipe. The fire started from a tumble dryer and the cause of the fire was accidental.