A fire appliance from Taunton was mobilised following a call from the owner of a camper van that had caught fire on their driveway in Burnshill Drive, Norton Fitzwarren at 15:24 this afternoon (Monday).
On arrival the fire crew confirmed the van was well alight and set to work with 2BA and 2 hose reel jets, extinguishing the van and protecting the owners property due to the vehicles proximity to it.
Once extinguished the fire crew continued to cool a camping gas cylinder that was located inside the vehicle until it was brought down to a safe temperature.
The van was 90% damaged by fire and a garage door was 90% damaged by heat.
The fire crew made the vehicle and scene safe and left duty of care with the owner.
The cause was confirmed as accidental.