22nd September 2017

Crews called to bedroom fire in Wellington

Two fire appliances from Wellington were mobilised to a report of a bedroom fire in a domestic property at Penny Close in Wellington at 20:08 this evening (Thursday).

On arrival fire crews requested an ambulance for a male with smoke inhalation.

Crews administered oxygen to the casualty prior to arrival of ambulance personnel.

The incident was caused by discarded smoking material in a first floor rear bedroom.

Crews extinguished the fire using 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hosereel jet, 1 45ml covering jet and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.

A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to ventilate the property.

The casualty was treated on scene by paramedics and did not require conveying to hospital.

The cause of the fire was accidental.