22nd October 2017

Crews called to two property fires in Taunton

Crews were this afternoon called to two property fires in Taunton.

At 14:01, two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a report of a property fire in Cheddon Road.

The incident iinvolved a fire in a ground floor kitchen flat and 10% fire damage was caused to the kitchen and 100% smoke damage.

Two breathing apparatus wearers, one hosereel jet and one safety jet were used to extinguish the fire. 

A thermal image camera was used to check for hotspots and a positive pressure ventilation fan used to ventilate the property.   

The cause of the fire was accidental. 

Following this at 14:41, fire appliances from Taunton and Wellington were mobilised to a report of a fire in a ground floor property in Bindon Road with possible persons still inside.

On arrival at the scene firefighters reported smoke and flames issuing from the property and that all persons were accounted for.  

A further appliance was requested due to fire escalation which was mobilised from Taunton.  

The fire involved 100% fire damage to the ground floor kitchen area and 60% heat damage to the rest of the ground floor. 

The fire was extinguished using 4 breathing apparatus wearers, 2 hosereel jets, 1 safety jet and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.

The cause of the fire was accidental. 

The British Red Cross Emergency Response Vehicle was also mobilised to offer support to the occupants of the property.