1st December 2020

Chimney Fire, Henlade Taunton

The Fire Service received a call to a chimney fire at a domestic property in Henlade, Taunton. One local appliance was mobilised to the incident at around 19:22 last night (Saturday).

Once in attendance crews set up equipment and got to work using chimney gear. They removed the wood burner from the fireplace.

Due to the nature of the incident the crews requested the attendance of the aerial ladder platform to gain access to roof and chimney.

Steady progress was made throughout the evening using small tools, a ladder, safety at height equipment and one hose reel jet