1st December 2020

Kitchen fire in Taunton

The Fire Service received a call reporting a kitchen fire on Roman Road, Taunton at 20:51 Tuesday (30 December). Two fire appliances from Taunton attended.

Fire crews confirmed a cooker fire in the kitchen of a two storey semi detached property. The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet, a thermal image camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan. There was approximately twenty percent smoke damage to the kitchen. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental due to unattended cooking.

Fire crews requested the attendance of Taunton Deane Borough Council to isolate the electricity supply to the cooker.