27th May 2020

Firefighters called to Burnham on Sea property over carbon monoxide scare

At 10:43 this morning (Monday 5 January), the ambulance service requested help from Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service when the occupants of a domestic property on Highburn Close, Burnham on Sea called them to report possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two fire appliances, one from Burnham on Sea and one from Bridgwater attended.  Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and a gas detector to check levels of carbon monoxide and isolate the gas to the property.

Three casualties were conveyed to hospital via ambulance for checks.