21st October 2021

Firefighters tackle tumble dryer fire in Wellington

Two appliances from Wellington were mobilised to reports of a domestic fire at High Path, Wellington at 20:06 this evening (Sunday 25 January).

On arrival crews discovered a tumble dryer on fire in the kitchen area of a two storey property.

Crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel, one safety jet and one thermal imaging camera.

The fire damage was contained to the kitchen area.

Crews also ventilated the property with a positive pressure ventilation fan.