10th August 2020

3 fire appliances and ambulance attend tumble dryer fire on South Street in Taunton

Three fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a report of a fire involving a tumble dryer in a domestic property on South Street in Taunton at 21:06 tonight.

Upon arrival crews confirmed the fire and requested an ambulance for one male suffering from smoke inhalation.

Crews set to work extinguishing the fire using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.

Crews increased the breathing apparatus to 4 and the hose reel jets to 2 together with a safety jet to fully extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental which resulted moderate damage to the property by fire and slight smoke damage to the kitchen.