Fire Control received a call at 10:05 this morning from an occupier of a domestic property stating that the kitchen was full of smoke and there had been a fire but confirmed the fire was now out.
A fire appliance from Taunton was mobilised to Stanley Close, Staplegrove, Taunton and crews confirmed that there had been a fire within a toaster that the occupier had extinguished using a fire blanket.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots and made the toaster safe.
Six adults and four children were checked for smoke inhalation as a precaution. The toaster was 100% damaged by fire and there was 10% damage to kitchen units.
Crews fitted a smoke detector in the property.