6th May 2021

Taunton fire crews called to house fire on Stoke Road

Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service received several calls to reports of a fire at a house on Stoke Road, Taunton at 21:25 tonight.

2 fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to the incident.

On arrival, crews confirmed that there was a fire in the utility room of the property. Crews used 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and 1 safety jet to extinguish.

This was a fire involving a fridge freezer in the utility room, attached to the property. The room sustained 50% fire damage and the remainder of the property was damaged by smoke.

The cause of the fire as accidental.