A fire appliance from Taunton was mobilised to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton at 23:39 last night following a call from the switchboard at the hospital requesting their attendance to alarms operating in the children’s ward in The Old Building of the hospital.
Shortly after arriving and investigating the crew confirmed a slight smell of electrical burning within a treatment room and set to work locating the source of the smell, using a thermal imaging camera.
A small fire, involving a light fitting, was located and confirmed as being out on arrival.
Crews isolated the electrics, and made the area safe, before leaving duty of care with site staff, awaiting an engineer. Damage was confined to the light fitting only (20% by heat and fire) and started accidentally.