19th November 2019

Fire crews called to ‘chip pan on fire’ in Bishops Hull

Two fire appliances from Taunton were sent to a report of a chip pan on fire in a property on Heron Drive, Bishops Hull, Taunton at 14:59 this afternoon (Saturday).

On arrival crews confirmed that there had been a chip pan on fire within a first floor flat but that the fire was out on their arrival.

The chip pan was 80% damaged by fire, the worktop was 20% damaged by fire and there was also 60% light smoke logging within the building.

The fire crew used 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, 1 safety jet, a positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal image camera to deal with the incident.