The fire service were called to smoke in a commercial property at The Crescent, Taunton at 12:46 this afternoon (Tuesday).
Two crews from Taunton attended.
On arrival the crews found smoke in the upstairs of the property and got to work investigating the source using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera.
The crews located a small fire in an air compressor which they extinguished by removing the power supply.
The fire had caused twenty percent heat damage to the compressor.