27th May 2020

Fire at Taunton Bowling Club spreads to roof

The Fire Service were called to a report of a property fire at Taunton Bowling Club in Vivary Park, Taunton at 07:49 this morning (Sunday).

Fire appliances from Taunton, Bridgwater, Wiveliscombe and Wellington were mobilised to the social club and bowling alley where a fire on the ground floor had spread to the roof.

Fire crews got to work extinguishing the fire using four breathing apparatus, one safety jet, two hose reel jets, two main jets and one compressed air foam jet.

12496248_797308037064547_4522971269320946255_o

Two casualties were conveyed to hospital and 75% of the roof space was severely damaged by the fire and the remainder of the building was damaged by the heat.

The cause of the fire was accidental.