19th September 2021

Female suffers smoke inhalation following bedroom fire in Norton Fitzwarren

Three fire appliances from Taunton were mobilsed to reports of a fire in a property on Station Road in Norton Fitzwarren at 11:49 this morning (Wednesday).

On arrival, crews confirmed that this was a fire within the rear bedroom.

Fire crews entered the property with two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and one covering jet.

An ambulance was requested to attend for one female suffering with smoke inhalation.

Fire crews requested the Somerset Fire and Emergency Support Services Unit to attend (FESS) which is crewed by The Red Cross, to assist the occupiers of the property.

This was a domestic property, consisting of two floors, the fire was located in the first floor, rear bedroom.

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet, one covering jet, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to ventilate.

The bedroom sustained 10% fire damage and 90% smoke damage.

Oxygen therapy was adminstered by fire crews to one female occupant.

The cause of the fire was accidental.