1st December 2020

Crews tackle Stawley boiler room fire

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a fire in a boiler adjacent to a house on Stawley Road in Stawley at 09:53 this morning (Monday).

Three fire appliances were mobilised to the incident, one from Wiveliscombe and two from Wellington.

On arrival of the first fire appliance, the officer in charge confirmed there was a fire within a boiler room.

Fire crews use a hose reel jet to dampen down the fire and surrounding area whilst removing contents from the outbuilding.

A thermal imaging camera was used to check the area was safe and utilities were isolated.