18th September 2021

Fire crews rescue two dogs following kitchen fire in Bishops Lydeard

Three fire appliances from Taunton were sent to a report of a smoke alarm sounding and smoke in the kitchen in a property in Greenway, Bishops Lydeard yesterday (Sunday).

On arrival crews confirmed that there was smoke logging to the building due to unattended cooking.

As the occupiers were out a forced entry was made to the building.

To deal with the incident fire crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan and they also rescued two dogs from inside the property.