1st April 2020

Occupants evacuate property after carbon monoxide leak in Taunton

Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm activating in a property in Whitmore Road in Taunton at 23:57 last night (Friday).

Fire Control personnel advised the occupants to evacuate the property.

Upon arrival crews confirmed positive readings using a gas detection monitor and began ventilating the property using a ventilation fan whilst wearing breathing apparatus.

At 00:59 crews confirmed zero readings on the gas monitor and the occupants were able to go back into the property unharmed.