29th November 2020

Fire crews called to ‘smell of smoke’ at Taunton property

Two fire appliances from Taunton were sent to a report of a smell of smoke in the ground floor of a property on Albemarle Road in Taunton at 00:40 this morning (Monday).

On arrival crews confirmed that there was no immediate sign of fire but detected a smell of smoke coming from the kitchen area.

A thorough inspection and check was made inside and outside of the property using two breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, a safety jet, thermal image camera and CO2 monitor. 

The cause of the smoke was found to be from a faulty tumble dryer and the scene was made safe.