1st December 2020

Christmas pudding ‘completely destroyed’ following microwave fire in Bathpool

Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a report of a microwave on fire in a property in Hardys Pool in Bathpool at 16:58 on Christmas Day.

Upon arrival crews confirmed the fire which they set to work extinguishing by removing the electrical appliance to the open air, a hose reel jet, a safety jet and a ventilation fan.

Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service say the cause of the fire was accidental which resulted in the microwave being moderately damaged and a Christmas pudding being completely destroyed.