Three fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to reports of a fire within the toilet blocks of Tacchi-Morris Arts Centre on School Road, Monkton Heathfield at 12:27 this afternoon (Monday).
Well we didn't expect this today! Fabulous response from the Fire Service, everyone evacuated, no one harmed, everyone is just a little cold pic.twitter.com/GWcmDYdmk4
— Tacchi-Morris Arts (@TMAC_Taunton) June 5, 2017
Tacchi-Morris Arts Centre, which was evacuated, said:
“Well we didn’t expect this today! Fabulous response from the Fire Service, everyone evacuated, no one harmed, everyone is just a little cold.”
Upon arrival crews confirmed that smoke was issuing and set to work to prevent further fire spread using four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one safety jet and positive pressure ventilation.
There was 25% fire damage to the toilet area and 100% smoke damage.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service say the cause was deliberate.
Avon and Somerset Police said:
“We were alerted by the fire service at 12.56pm (June 5).
It is currently being treated as deliberate and we will investigate.
Anyone that saw anything suspicious is asked to call 101 quoting reference number 5217 126 015.”