1st April 2020

Tumble dryer fire in Bishops Hull

Fire crews were called out to a fire involving a tumble dryer on Mountway Road in Bishops Hull at 07:37 this morning (Wednesday).

Two fire appliances were mobilised following a call from the occupant of a property saying that their tumble dryer was on fire in their kitchen. Everybody was able to safely evacuate at the time of call.

Shortly after arriving and entering the property with 2BA wearers and 1 hose reel jet we were able to confirm that the fire, which started accidentally, was out on arrival.

Crews carried out an inspection only and made the tumble dryer safe before leaving duty of care with the owner.