10th August 2020

Fire involving paper and toaster at Taunton property

Two fire appliances from Taunton were called to reports of a fridge freezer on fire in St Albans Place in Taunton at 15:46 this afternoon (Saturday).

Upon arrival crews confirmed the fire was out on arrival and got to work using positive pressure ventilation to ventilate the property.

Crews removed the kitchen appliance to the open air.

Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service say the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, due to paper being placed on a toaster.