23rd August 2019

Lounge fire in North Curry

Three fire appliances from Taunton were sent to a report of a lounge on fire in a detached domestic residence in Greenway, North Curry at 18:50 this evening (Friday).

The fire involved a wood burner, candles and clothing.

The crew managed to contain the fire to the room of origin by committing two breathing apparatus wearers with a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

There was 100 per cent fire damage to the candles and clothing and 70 per cent smoke damage to the lounge.

Once the fire had been extinguished the crews using a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.

The cause of the fire was accidental.