25th January 2020

Taunton fire crews rescue dogs and cat from property fire

Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised following a call from a neighbour reporting flames coming out of the kitchen of a property and dogs inside in Shutewater Orchard, Bishops Hull, Taunton at 10:19 this morning (Saturday).

On arrival crews reported smoke issuing from a first floor property.

Two breathing apparatus wearers and one safety jet were put to use and crews rescued two dogs and one cat from the property.

The fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and one safety jet.

A positive pressure fan was used to ventilate the property and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots.

The cause of the fire was accidental.