Three fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised following a call from a member of the public reporting his property to be on fire and that he was unable to exit it at The Mount at 20:13 this evening (Tuesday).
On arrival the officer in charge confirmed there to be smoke issuing from the property with one male still inside.
Using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet, crews rescued the casualty from the property and extinguished the fire.
Crews rendered first aid to the casualty, who was suffering from smoke inhalation until ambulance crews arrived.
The incident was left safe and in the care of a responsible person.