30th November 2020

Female taken to hospital following kitchen fire in Taunton

Two fire appliances from Taunton were sent to a report of a kitchen on fire in a property on South Road in Taunton at 10:57 this morning (Thursday).

The microwave, kettle and toaster were all severely damaged by fire and the kitchen was 50% damaged by smoke.

Fire crews used 4 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet, 1 safety jet, 1 covering jet to extinguish the fire.

A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to help clear the smoke from the building.

One female was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.