25th July 2021

Crews called to bedroom fire in Taunton

Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a fire involving a mattress in a bedroom of a property in Wilfred Road in Taunton at 17:59 this evening (Thursday).

On arrival crews confirmed the fire was extinguished but one male was suffering with smoke inhalation.

Fire crews administered first aid and an ambulance was called to the scene and paramedics treated the casualty.

The fire was confirmed to be caused accidentally by smoking materials.

The mattress was severely damaged and crews checked the room with a thermal imaging camera.