Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised following a call reporting smoke coming from a property on Richmond Road in Taunton at 11:27 this morning (Monday).
On arrival, the officer in charge confirmed a small fire which was out on arrival and smoke in the property from unattended cooking left on the hob.
The crew got to work with the positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the property.
One ambulance was requested for a male occupant suffering with minor smoke inhalation.
The cause was believed to be accidental.