23rd August 2019

Three people and dog evacuated from property following kitchen fire in Taunton

Two fire engines from Taunton were sent to a report of a cooker on fire in Hope Corner Lane in Taunton at 19:20 this evening (Saturday).

On arrival, crews confirmed this was a fire involving a gas hob.

Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a C02 extinguisher.

There was 20 per cent smoke damage to the kitchen and 80 per cent fire damage to the cooker and hood.

Crews helped evacuate three people and one dog from the property.

The cause of the fire was confirmed as accidental and there were no injuries.