29th February 2020

Bedroom ‘well alight’ in Taunton

Fire appliances from Taunton and Bridgwater were mobilised to a property fire at Medway Close in Taunton at 12:38 this afternoon (Wednesday).

On arrival, crews confirmed one bedroom well alight and requested for a further fire appliance to be mobilised.

The additional appliance was mobilised from Wellington.

Fire crews extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets, one main jet, four breathing apparatus and two thermal imaging cameras.

The fire service said the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental due to an overheating laptop charger.