25th May 2020

Three fire engines called to fire in conservatory in Taunton

Three fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a call from the occupant of a property saying their tumble dryer had caught fire in their conservatory in Trevor Smith Place in Taunton at 07:51 this morning (Tuesday).

It was confirmed at the time of call that they were able to safely evacuate and wait for the fire crews to arrive.

Crews were on scene within minutes and quickly had the incident under control, confirming it was in fact a fridge on fire, not the tumble dryer.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire, which started accidentally, using one hose reel jet, before making the appliance and scene safe.

The end terrace two storey house, which suffered light smoke logging, was cleared using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The fire service confirmed there were no casualties or fire spread.