Two fire engines from Taunton were sent to a report of a fire in a bedroom of a domestic property on Blackdown Road in Taunton at 01:35 this morning (Sunday).
On arrival, crews confirmed this fire was in a first floor bedroom and there was still one person within the property.
A third fire engine and aerial platform ladder from Taunton were also sent.
One male casualty was rescued by crews and the fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
The male casualty was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
The fire service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.