All collections in the week of the Spring Bank Holiday on Monday 31 May are one day later but recycle sites continue as usual, Somerset Waste Partnership has said.
With no Bank Holiday Monday collections, the week’s changes, from Monday’s pick-ups on Tuesday through to Friday’s on Saturday 5 June, affect all kerbside services.
Recycle sites are unchanged:
- Friday 28 May, 10 sites will open 9am-6pm: Bridgwater, Chard, Frome, Highbridge, Minehead, Somerton, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Yeovil.
- All 16 sites will open 9am-4pm on Saturday and Sunday 29 and 30 May.
- Monday 31 May, 12 sites will open 9am-6pm: Bridgwater, Castle Cary, Chard, Cheddar, Crewkerne, Frome, Minehead, Street, Taunton, Wells, Williton, Yeovil.
Residents are urged to help crews work more efficiently to complete rounds:
- Park carefully during holiday times when many are at home so waste trucks – and fire engines and ambulances – can get through.
- Sort materials without using carrier bags in recycling containers.
- Get containers out by 7am on their one-day-later collection day and leave them out late so crews can reach as many homes as possible.
For more information on waste services, visit: somersetwaste.gov.uk, sign up for the SORTED! e-newsletter or follow @somersetwaste on Facebook or Twitter.