Staff and customers evacuated following fire on East Street in Taunton

Two fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were mobilised to reports of a kitchen fire within a fast food outlet on East Street in Taunton at 19:13 this evening (Friday).

Upon arrival, crews confirmed this to be an electrical fire involving a large industrial microwave.

Staff and customers had evacuated the premises.

Crews extinguished the fire using a CO2 extinguisher and isolated the electricity supply to the microwave.

The fire service has confirmed the fire is now out.